Existing Maryland FPCs
- Baltimore Food Policy Initiative, an inter-governmental collaboration working to increase access to healthy, affordable foods in Baltimore City.
- Howard County Food Policy Task Force, a task force convened for one year to develop recommendations for the county; recommendations now available in this report.
- Maryland Food Policy Blueprint, a project of the Institute for Public Health Innovation focused on conducting regional convenings and asset-based assessments to develop a statewide food plan.
- Montgomery County Food Council, a food council that examines the food system in Montgomery County and works towards identifying solutions for improving it.
- Prince George’s County Food Equity Council, a food policy council made up of local leaders representing anti-hunger direct service and advocacy groups, grocery stores, government agencies, community based organizations, civic associations, urban farms, universities, and health care providers.
- Southern Maryland Food Council, a council that focuses on the regional food system in Southern Maryland, working to sustain and enhance the environmental, economic, social and nutritional health and sustainability of Southern Maryland.