Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Mid-Shore Food System Coalition.
The MSFSC is a strategic body that identifies, prioritizes, and coordinates food-system improvements in the 5-county Mid-Shore region, with an eye toward improving community resilience and triple-bottom-line sustainability. We seek to support and strengthen the regional food system with positive outcomes for food security, regional agriculture, and environmental sustainability.
This page will provide a brief introduction to the Coalition and website, with links to greater detail when available.
- Video introduction
- Who we are
- Why MSFSC was formed
- What MSFSC does
- What do we want from you?
- Additional Info
Who We Are
The Mid-Shore Food System Coalition (MSFSC) is comprised of anyone who:
- Works within the Food System of the Mid-Shore region: Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, and Talbot Counties
- Shares our values
- Chooses to participate
Why MSFSC was Formed?
MSFSC was formed to better answer the question: What are the challenges and opportunities to create a Food System that works better for all of us here on the Mid-Shore?
In order to better understand these challenges and opportunities, we hosted a planning session in 2015, attended numerous community meetings, and conducted hundreds of interviews to gauge the needs and interests of the local community. See the results here…
The conversations were then summarized into the MSFSC:
What MSFSC Does
MSFSC facilitates projects, resources, and efforts to build, strengthen, and sustain an improving Food System on the Shore by working at the:
- Local Level to:
- support existing projects
- build a regional dialogue
- identify and connect local partners
- State Level
- provide input about Mid-Shore food system issues
- advocate for Mid-Shore food system issues via a food policy council
- monitor legislation and report back to the Coalition
- work with like-minded state-level partners to move MSFSC efforts in parallel with state-scale Food System work
- Regional Level
- work with like-minded regional-level partners (like Chesapeake Foodshed Network) to move MSFSC efforts in parallel with regional-scale Food System work
What Do We Want From You?
- Join the Coalition!
- Tell us your story
- Submit a project for MSFSC support
- Join or start a working group
- Join a committee!
- Add or update your information in the Database
Still want to learn more? Try some of these links:
- Community Input
- County Profiles
- Join the Coalition
- The Database
More questions, comments, or just want to strike up a conversation?
Please contact us below. We look forward to hearing from you.